The highly trained Chartered Physiotherapists at PhysioMatters are involved in a huge range of care, so no matter what your ache, pain or complaint, there’s a physiotherapy treatment programme that can help alleviate the pain, increase strength and flexibility, and allow you to manage and maximise physical independence.
Common complaints treated by our Chartered Physiotherapists include:
- Spinal problems – including prolapsed discs, degeneration, sciatica, lumbago, stiff/painful neck and referred arm and leg pains
- Joint problems – arthritis, injury, pain and swelling, stiffness in joints
- Injuries – to muscles ligaments, cartilage and tendons. Work related conditions such as repetitive strain injury (RSI) and sports injuries
- After surgery – rehabilitation after orthopaedic surgery e.g.. hip and knee replacements or general physiotherapy after general surgery
- Fractures – treatment to decrease the detrimental effects of the fracture on the rest of your body while you are immobile and gain full function once the bones have healed.
- Obstetrics – including exercise/relaxation/advice and treatment for backpain during pregnancy
- Neurological conditions – such as strokes, head injuries, nerve injuries, multiple sclerosis, shingles, cerebral palsy and ME
At PhysioMatters we will not only treat the problem, but by spending time with the you, we will be able to show you how to minimise the impact of the complaint and help prevent the problem from reoccurring.
We use a number of different techniques including manipulation and mobilisation, massage, hydrotherapy, exercise programmes, electrotherapy (such as ultrasound) and in some cases acupuncture.
Our complete approach will not only provide you with vital reassurance and education about your condition — and healing process — but will also give you the confidence to get back to normal activities as quickly as possible.